Search and find articles and topics quickly and accurately! See different advanced ways to search for articles on this site.
The ideal Muslimah (Female Muslim):
The following was an email I received from email@example.com, may Allah Almighty always be pleased with him or her. I added the English translations in parenthesis for some of the Arabic words used.
The Ideal Muslimah and Her Community
1. She is truthful
2 She does not cheat, deceive or stab in the back
3. She is not envious
4. She is sincere
5. She keeps her promises
6. She has a good attitude towards others and treats them well
7. She is characterized by shyness
8. She is gentle towards people
9. She is compassionate and merciful
10. She is tolerant and forgiving
11. She is easy-going in her business dealings
12. She is of cheerful countenance
13. She has a sense of humor
14. She is patient
15. She avoids cursing and foul language
16. She does not falsely accuse anyone of fisq (transgression) or kufr (blasphemy)
17. She is modest and discreet
18. She dose not interfere in that which does not concern her
19. She refrains from backbiting and slander
20. She avoids giving false statements
21. She avoids suspicion
22. She keeps secrets
23. She does not converse privately with another person when there is a third person present
24. She is not arrogant or proud
25. She is humble and modest
26. She does not make fun of anyone
27. She respects elders and distinguished people
28. She mixes with people of noble character
29. She strives for peoples benefits and seeks to protect her from harm
30. She strives to reconcile between Muslims
31. She calls people to truth
32. She is wise and eloquent in her da`wah (Islamic Propagation)
34. She is not a hypocrite
35. She does not show off or boast
36. She is straightforward and consistent in her adherence to the truth
37. She visits the sick
39. She repays favors and is grateful for them
40. She mixes with people and puts up with their insults
41. She tries to make people happy
42. She guides others to righteous deeds
43. She is easy on people, not hard
44. She is fair in her judgment of people
45. She does not oppress or mistreat others
46. She loves noble things and always aims high
47. Her speech is not exaggerated or affected
48. She does not rejoice in the misfortunes of others
49. She is generous
50. She does not remind the beneficiaries of her charity
51. She is hospitable
52. She prefers others to herself
53. She helps to alleviate the burden of the debtor
54. She is proud and does not beg
55. She is friendly and likeable
56. She checks her customs and habits against Islamic standards
57. She follows Islamic manners in the way she eats and drinks
58. She spreads the greeting of salam (peace)
59. She does not enter a house other than her own without permission
60. She avoids yawning in a gathering as much as she can
62. She follows the Islamic etiquette when she sneezes
63. She does not look into other peoples houses
64. She does not imitate men
.... an important lesson for sisters!
"Say: O `Ibadi (My slaves) who have transgressed
against themselves (by committing evil deeds and sins)!
Despair not of the Mercy of Allah:
verily, Allah forgives each and every sin.
Truly, He is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful".
(The Noble Quran, 39:53)
Back to Women in Islam and Judaism and Christianity.
The Mercy of Allah Almighty.
Send your comments.
Back to Main Page.